26th
July 2026
Dear All,
Well
a very different week! My appointment with Addenbrookes was for 7am so a very
early start via Trumpington Park & Ride. I was the first operation in the
morning so was wheeled in before 8.30 am. I came round by 12.30 am desperate
for a pee as the IV line had been hydrating me. I was left outside the
operating room for ages as there no spare beds in Recovery. When I did make it
to Recovery I was very well looked after by mainly Philipinos one of whom was
christened Psalm! Kate was phoned and appeared quickly.
The
night in Recovery was not a peaceful experience. First a late patient was
wheeled in and the Radiography staff in charge made enough noise to wake the
dead. This was followed by a French lady being upset by the treatment she was
having and shouting at the staff and a translater was summoned to explain
things. Next the man opposite woke evidently in great pain and started to scream
the place down. Finally the man next to me had problems with his alarm and it
kept going off every 10 minutes. I eventually managed to nod off at about 5 am
just in time to be woken up!
Evidence!
My
operation was to clear a blocked carotid artery in my left neck and it seems to
have gone well. I was discharged by 3 pm Thursday and home by 5 pm. The neck is
a bit sore and swollen but not too bad. I slept for 11 hours Thursday night,
and went with Kate to Tesco’s Friday morning.
Esther
and Emma called in en route to Norfolk for a few days.
There
was a men’s breakfast on Saturday morning then Kate joined a conducted tour
round the Bishop of Ely’s gardens.
Best
Wishes
Mike
& Kate



No comments:
Post a Comment