Sunday, 27 September 2026

 

27th September 2026

 

           Dear All,

After swimming on Monday I revised my harvest report for Sunday’s service – 4” rain March to July, 12.24” so far in 2026.

Geoff Pake called in the evening to carry out PAT tests on my projector and Lap top.

On Tuesday we harvested Gourds, Squash and Pumpkins ready for Harvest Festival. I also started digging in the FYM pile at the allotment while Kate has been battling with a serious weed flush on her patch.

I had another Addenbrookes appointment on Wednesday this time a DVD session on diet.

On Saturday we attended Gransden Agricultural Show, It is one of the proper Shows to survive with a good display of cattle, sheep, pigs and goats and numerous horsey events. There was a large craft tent as well as a produce display with fruit, veg, eggs, flowers and agricultural crops. The veg were not impressive but the rest were good.

 




 

  I got back in time to see Over beat Soham Reserves 2 v 1 then in the evening there was a Harvest Supper at the chapel.

 


 


 


Chapel Harvest Decorations

 

I had my show trophies delivered this week after engraving including a new one donated for the best onions.

 


 

 

Best wishes

 

 

Mike & Kate

No comments: